Hi Allen,

I see this works nicely during the initial submission process, but on
the "edit-item" pages after the submission is approved (and is live),
I click "Update" twice with no change. The symbol does not replace the
unicode value. (I am using DSpace 1.5.2, btw)

I have tried various combinations of browsing off the page and back,
hoping for the unicode replacement behavior you mention. Am I
(hopefully) missing an obvious way to save twice on this page?

I am guessing that in the initial submission process, navigating using
"Next" and then going back merely saves the data in the session rather
than finalizing it with a save to the database, thus allowing the
useful side effect of unicode being re-interpreted before the data
actually is submitted to the database. I'm just not sure how to get
this behavior once I click the "Edit..." button on a live submission
page. It isn't a multi-page submission, and I think that is my
challenge.

Best regards,

Terrance