I know that the DSpace logs are used for the building of statistics. When I migrated from
the previous server, I may have not copied those files over just right.

Is there a logic used in the automatic naming of the log files?

For example, I have dspace.log
dspace.log.0  through dspapce.log.500

They aren't in chronological order.

Would this affect as to why I'm not getting a complete reading of the logs for building the statistics? I'm only getting statistics since January of 2009 and I have three years before that in log files.

I've checked my dstat.cfg file to make sure the date was set correctly.

Is there something else I can do to get a complete reset and/or get the statistics to read them completely?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
Jeffrey Trimble
System LIbrarian
William F.  Maag Library
Youngstown State University
330.941.2483 (Office)
jtrim...@cc.ysu.edu
http://www.maag.ysu.edu
http://digital.maag.ysu.edu
"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind-killer.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me..."
--Litany against fear....