hi..if you want to update messages.properties...maybe you can do like what I
do...^^

if u using jspui webapp like me, then you can do this:
1. go to [dspace]\webapps\jspui\WEB-INF\lib
2. open [do not extract] file name 'dspace-api-1.5.2.1.jar' . I use : Winrar
Archiver
3. you will see Messages.properties inside. you can make a changes there.

If u do this, you do not need to run ant update. it will automaticly update.
^^

Hope this help
visit http://old.nabble.com/How-to-run-dsrun-command-td27034466.html maybe
you can help me.:-D