What JAVA JDK Version are you running on what version of dspace ... this looks
more like a JAVA issue

From: Matt Cleveland [mailto:mgclevel...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 12:40 PM
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Dspace-tech] jspui not loading

Hello all,

I've recently deployed a new instance of dspace with tomcat6.  Tomcat is set up
fine and I get the "congrats" page with I view xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080.  However,
when I try to load jspui, i get the following error.  My logs so far have
yielded little more information that this.  Thanks in advance!

matt
HTTP Status 500 -
________________________________

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to
load class for JSP

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:156)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:329)

        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342)

        org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)

        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

        sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

        org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:269)

        java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

        javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)

        org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:301)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:162)