Hi Dale,

I've run into that when upgrading instances during testathon. 1.5.2 ->
1.6rc1 | 1.6rc2

I've had to comment out those lines, and I haven't noticed any issues.
Especially since its dropping a constraint which doesn't exist.

Also, since I find it easier to just run a correct query as opposed to
backup, run bad query, restore backup, ... I find it easier to wrap database
upgrade scripts into a transaction so it either all works, or doesn't alter
anything.

BEGIN;
whole bunch of db scripts
# ALTER TABLE community2collection DROP CONSTRAINT
community2collection_collection_id_fkey;
# ALTER TABLE community2community DROP CONSTRAINT
community2community_child_comm_id_fkey;
#ALTER TABLE collection2item DROP CONSTRAINT collection2item_item_id_fkey;
COMMIT;

I had asked this on the IRC #dspace back in December, and I think Mark
Diggory had asked me what version of postgres I was using, if it was
pre-postgres 8.x.

Our production server is 8.1.11, however initial install and previous
upgrades would likely have been on an older version of pg.

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Poulter, Dale
<dale.poul...@vanderbilt.edu>wrote:

>  Good morning,
>

> We are attempting to upgrade our development instance to 1.6 and received
> the errors below when updating the schema.  Any suggestions as to the
> cause/correction?  Thanks.
>

> psql:./database_schema_15-16.sql:105: ERROR:  constraint
> "community2collection_collection_id_fkey" of relation "community2collection"
> does not exist
>
> ALTER TABLE
>
> psql:./database_schema_15-16.sql:108: ERROR:  constraint
> "community2community_child_comm_id_fkey" of relation "community2community"
> does not exist
>
> ALTER TABLE
>
> psql:./database_schema_15-16.sql:111: ERROR:  constraint
> "collection2item_item_id_fkey" of relation "collection2item" does not exist
>

> --Dale
>

> ---------------------------------------
> Dale Poulter
> Automation Coordinator