Hi Claudia,

I didn't figure out exactly how it worksm let me try to explain:

2010/3/4 Claudia Jürgen <claudia.juer...@ub.tu-dortmund.de>

> Hello,
>
> in order to use the new field as a browse index it has to be configured,
> too. So apart from changing
>
> ok, this "browse index" you mean the left column as "
Communities& Collections <http://dspace:8080/dspace-jspui/community-list> Issue
Date <http://dspace:8080/dspace-jspui/browse?type=dateissued>
Author<http://dspace:8080/dspace-jspui/browse?type=author>
Title <http://dspace:8080/dspace-jspui/browse?type=title> Subject "
<http://dspace:8080/dspace-jspui/browse?type=subject>
right?

This is not necessary.

webui.itemlist.columns
> thumbnail, dc.date.issued(date), dc.title.portaria, dc.contributor.*
>
> You got to configure the browse indices, an browse link, if wanted:
>
> webui.browse.index.[n] = portaria:metadata:dc.title.portaria:text
> webui.itemlist.sort-option.[n] = portaria:dc.title.portaria:text
> webui.browse.link.[n] = portaria:dc.title.portaria

I think this browse.link is not what I want too, this seems just to create a
"link" to a browse index.

was I clear about my problem?

I just have a search result that does NOT have a link for the item, I get
the search result as follow:
Item hits: Data de EmissaoNumero da PortariaOrgao Emissor 1-Jan-2010 *
12222222222222222**Gabinete do Reitor*
this "Numero da Portaria" is my dc.title.portaria, that should be the ID of
the item, so if I want to see all metadata and files attached, I should
click on "*12222222222222222", but this is NOT A LINK*. that's what I want,
to make this number a link to the handle (I mean, the item itself)).

did you guys understand my problem?

Thanks again,