Hi Hossein,

> I installed Dspace 1.6 and everything is up and running.
>
> Dspace is still up and running with no problems. I tried to log in with a
> user name and password,
> I am getting that the “username and password are not valid”. Is there a log
> page where I can see
> the errors that are occurring? how can I test if LDAP is working? Is there
> any other update or
> change that I should do before it works

Take a look in [dspace]/log/dsapce.log[.datestamp] and watch that log file as
you try to log in. Hopefully it will tell you is wrong.

Which LDAP authenticator did you use, and does it match your LDAP structure?
Use LDAPAuthentication is all your users are in one OU (or branch) of your LDAP
tree, or use LDAPHierarchicalAuthentication if your users are spread across
different branches of your LDAP tree.

Thanks,

Stuart Lewis
IT Innovations Analyst and Developer
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: 64 9 373-7599 x81928
http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/