If you are upgrading, and want to see all your statistics data, then you
have to convert and import your existing "legacy" logs into SOLR to make use
of the new statistics engine in 1.6.

Its a two step process, outlined in chapter 8.
http://digital.maag.ysu.edu/jspui/doc/ch08.html#N165CA
Essentially converting [dspace]/log/dspace.log to a cleaned up intermediate
format. And then importing those intermediate files into SOLR.

These are the commands, check the documentation for the parameters that
you'll need to call them with.
<http://digital.maag.ysu.edu/jspui/doc/ch08.html#N165CA>
[dspace]/bin/stats-log-converter

[dspace]/bin/stats-log-importer