Jason:

Yes, that's right - input-forms must be updated. But I  regard it  on balance
an advantage that  the embargo system  'inherits' all the configurability of
standard DSpace metadata -
not just in submission, but indexing, display and more (so you could, e.g. do
fielded search on embargo dates, or suppress display in the 'simple' item page,
etc). However, this flexibility does add additional configuration steps
initially, as you observe.

Thanks,

Richard