Yes, according to a similar thread named Non-DC import you will also need to create a file called dublin_core.xml.

Cheers

Hayden

On 05/04/10 23:14, Matthew Zimmerman wrote:
I just finished up learning about batch imports by trial and error and I believe you do have to include the dublin_core.xml file during batch imports for it to work.
Matthew Zimmerman
Manager
Digital Services and Technology Planning
UT Southwestern Medical Center Library
Tel: 214-648-4873
matthew.zimmer...@utsouthwestern.edu <mailto:matthew.zimmer...@utsouthwestern.edu>
www.utsouthwestern.edu/library <http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/library>

>>> <keith.gilbert...@library.gatech.edu> 4/5/2010 9:34 AM >>>
Hi.

I don't think that the patch in DS-257 has been included with any version of DSpace yet. You'd have to apply the patch manually and re-deploy in order to use that feature.

You can still import metadata for your "cld" schema, though, by following the instructions in the "What if I need to import metadata in a schema other than Dublin Core?" question in the "Batch Importing FAQ" section of this document:

www.tdl.org/files/DSpaceBatchImportFormat.pdf

Basically, you'll create a file similar to the typical dublin_core.xml file, but it will be named "metadata_cld.xml" instead, and the <dublin_core> element will appear as <dublin_core schema="cld">.

You may still need to create a dublin_core.xml file with the metadata for the "dc" schema - I'm unclear on whether it's always required.

If you try this method and still have problems, you can send files for a sample item to me, along with the output from the stack trace of your exception, and I'll try it over here.

--keith