Great, thanks for the guidance Stuart.

On 13/04/10 18:22, Stuart Lewis wrote:
> Hi Hilton,
>
> Tim Donohue has been doing some work in this area. He'll be able to explain
> it better than I, but the code he has been working on is available at:
>
> - http://scm.dspace.org/trac/dspace/browser/sandbox/aip-external-1_6-prototype
>
> Details can be found at:
>
>   - http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-466
>   -
> http://www.fedora-commons.org/confluence/display/DSPACE/AipBackupRestorePrototype
>
> Thanks,
>

> Stuart Lewis
> IT Innovations Analyst and Developer
> Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
> Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
> Ph: +64 (0)9 373 7599 x81928
> http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/
>

> On 13/04/2010, at 10:17 PM, Hilton Gibson wrote:
>

>> Hi Stuart
>>
>> Will it be able to export with DSpace version 1.6.1 ?
>> That would be very useful for backups !
>> Also would it be able to export the users and permissions per
>> collection/bitstream ?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> hg.
>>
>> On 13 April 2010 12:01, Stuart Lewis<s.le...@auckland.ac.nz>  wrote:
>> Hi Hayden,
>>

>>> We are in the process of converting records for importation into DSpace.
>>>
>>> We would also like our conversion scripts to build the communities and
>>> collections by reading the directory hierarchy and creating the
>>> corresponding communities and collections. Are there any scripts or
>>> methods for doing this?
>>>
>> The 'StructBuilder' will do this for you:
>>
>>   - http://www.dspace.org/1_6_0Documentation/ch08.html#N15738
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Stuart Lewis
>> IT Innovations Analyst and Developer
>> Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
>> Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
>> Ph: +64 (0)9 373 7599 x81928
>> http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/

>> --
>> Systems Administrator
>> Library and Information Services
>> Stellenbosch University
>>
>> http://www.sun.ac.za
>> http://library.sun.ac.za
>> http://scholar.sun.ac.za
>> http://ubuntu.sun.ac.za

Hayden Young
Managing Director
Wijiti Pty Ltd
p. +61 (0) 8 6102 1198
m. +61 (0) 405 520 778
e. haydenyo...@wijiti.com
w. www.wijiti.com
vcard. www.wijiti.com/vcard/haydenyoung.vcf

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only and may
be confidential. They may contain legally privileged or copyright material. You
should not read, copy, use or disclose them without authorization. If you are
not the intended recipient please contact the sender as soon as possible by
return e-mail and then please delete both messages. This notice should not be
removed.