Hi Domingo,

> Caused by: org.jdom.JDOMException:
> http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema feature not recognized for
> SAX driver oracle.xml.parser.v2.SAXParser
>
> I suspect the error is related with the oracle parser since we are running
> dspace in a OC4J hosted on an OAS 10.1.3, but not really sure.

Yes - it looks like that is the case. We normally only support the Sun Java JDK
for DSpace as a lot of other versions, for example the IBM version suffer from
small problems such as this.

Are you able to use Sun's JDK?

If not, then you'll need to make some changes to use the right xml libraries.
If you perform an internet search for the error message, there are a few pages
with some suggestions. One is to rename xerces*.jar (in
[tomcat]/webapps/sword/WEB-INF/lib/) to something like aaaxerces.jar so that it
loads before any other parsers in the classpath.

Thanks,

Stuart Lewis
IT Innovations Analyst and Developer
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: +64 (0)9 373 7599 x81928
http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/