Hi Rafael.

We used to have that kind of errors and in pur case were cause for an error
in the code of the University of Minho Stats add-on that we had installed
previously. The problem dissapeared when we completely removed that
add-on... Maybe this post can help you...

http://wiki.dspace.org/confluence/display/DSPACE/Idle+In+Transaction+Problem

Regards.