Geetha,

Take a look at our "How to Troubleshoot an Error" page.  It will help
you to look at your log files to tell what the real error is.  The
"internal server error" message is just a generic error that says
something went wrong, so you'd need to look at the logs to see what the
real problem may be.

http://wiki.dspace.org/confluence/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error

Good luck.  If you cannot figure it out, send the error message from the
logs to this listserv and someone can try to help.

- Tim