Hi Richard:

Re #1  I don't think we'll ever have a need for 'forever', so we may use the
date type, and I guess if they just enter a year, it will just lift the embargo
on the 1st of the year.  If we decide to us onebox, is there validation done on
the date?

Re #2  I guess I was expecting a message telling me the bitsteam is embargoed
when I tried to access the embargoed bitstream rather than a prompt to
authenticate, and I just wanted to make sure this was the expected behavior.

One more question and then, I promise to let you get back to work.  I
customized our system with my own version of embargo a few years ago.  In my
implementation I withdraw the item, and then I run a cron that goes through a
db table with dates to lift the embargo, and if an item is ready, it
re-instates the item.  I would like to start using dspace's embargo, so this
will not be a problem with the items that from now own will be embargoed using
dspace, but what do I do with the other ones.  I don't think I can just add the
terms field and expect it to work.  My best guess as to what I should do is to
keep my version lifting embargo for the ones I have embargoed so far using the
cron I have in place, and also run the lifter for dspace for any new items
until all the old ones are gone, and then stop running that old cron, and just
run dspaces lifter.  I have quite a few embargoed items - I think about 400.  I
just wanted to check.

Thank you again for all your help.

Jose