Hi folks,

I'm trying to edit some items in Messages.properties (and add some new ones)
for a new v1.6 development instance but I'm struggling to understand how to get
my updated Messages.properties file picked up by DSpace.

I've done this in v1.4 before without problems, but I'm new to 1.6 and
struggling to get this to work. I've been through the manual and searched the
archives but nothing I'm trying is working so far - hopefully someone will be
able to see what I'm doing wrong and point me in the right direction!

If I'm understanding correctly, I should:

- put my updated Messages.properties file here:
/usr/src/dspace-1.6.2-src-release/dspace/modules/jspui/src/main/resources

- cd /usr/src/dspace-1.6.2-src-release/dspace/

- run mvn package

- cd /usr/src/dspace-1.6.2-src-release/dspace/target/dspace-1.6.2-build.dir

- run ant -Dconfig=/usr/local/dspace/config/dspace.cfg update

- stop tomcat, redeploy my WAR files, start tomcat

However, after doing this, I don't see the modified text on the screen, and I'm
still seeing the "placeholder" labels, such as
???metadata.dc.citation.peerreviewed???, all over the place (even though I've
now defined these in Messages.properties).

I've also tried making the changes to Messages.properties directly at
/usr/src/dspace-1.6.2-src-release/dspace-api/src/main/resources/Messages.properties
 (and rebuilding/redeploying), but to no avail.

I have successfully modified some jsps using a local copy in
/usr/src/dspace-1.6.2-src-release/dspace/modules/jspui/src/main/webapp, so I
know that the mvn, ant, redeploy procedure works in general.

Am I doing anything obviously wrong? If not, then are there any other "gotchas"
that I might be falling foul of?

Any assistance very welcome!

Cheers,

Mike

Michael White
eLearning Developer
eLearning Liaison & Development (eLD)
3V3a, Cottrell
University of Stirling
Stirling SCOTLAND
FK9 4LA
Email: michael.wh...@stir.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 1786 466877
Fax: +44 (0) 1786 466880
http://www.is.stir.ac.uk/aboutis/teams/aldt/eld.php

--
The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,