From: Thornton, Susan M. (LARC-B702)[RAYTHEON TECHNICAL SERVICES COMPANY]
[mailto:susan.m.thorn...@nasa.gov]
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:03 PM
To: Tim Ribaric; DSpace Tech(dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net)
Subject: RE: Adding metadata automatically to a user submitted item

In Dspace 1.5.1, when you create a new collection, in the "Describe" step you
check a box that says, "New submissions will have some metadata already filled
out with defaults".  Another screen will display that will allow you to enter
"Default Item Metadata".  Whenever a new submission is started in this
collection, it will have the metadata you entered already filled out.

Sue

Sue Walker-Thornton
NASA Langley Research Center
Integrated Library Systems
Developer, Application & Database Administrator
ConITS Contract ~ NCI Information Systems, Inc.
130 Research Drive
Hampton, VA  23666
Office: (757) 224-4074 ~ Mobile: (757) 506-9903 ~ Fax: (757) 224-4001