I changed dspace.cfg of dspace-1.6.2. When I try to retrieve the
description.xml file from the
http://localhost:8080/open-search/description.xml browser, it is
giving error 404.

penSearch Settings ####
# NB: for result data formatting, OpenSearch uses Syndication Feed Settings
# so even if Syndication Feeds are not enabled, they must be configured
# enable open search
#websvc.opensearch.enable = false
websvc.opensearch.enable = true
# context for html request URLs - change only for non-standard servlet mapping
websvc.opensearch.uicontext = simple-search
# context for RSS/Atom request URLs - change only for non-standard
servlet mapping
websvc.opensearch.svccontext = open-search/*
# present autodiscovery link in every page head
websvc.opensearch.autolink = true
# number of hours to retain results before recalculating
websvc.opensearch.validity = 48
# short name used in browsers for sear

Please help.

regards