We had a publicly accessible collection of .pdf files in dspace for some
time and then local policy changed, so
we applied ip authentication. Now we require password authentication or
proxy server logon to access the collection.

Google has entries for "quick views" and Google Scholar has "view as html"
links to
copies of the documents on their servers. Google webmaster tools, i.e. the
removal
tool, will not remove these links because they are Google files, not ours.
How do we get Google to remove these unauthorized copies?
--
Mark Ludwig
Director of Research Systems Development