Hi,

We have a Facebook "like" button on our items (still in dev, but getting
ready to be rolled out -- if you try the link below and it's down, it might
be because we are rebuilding... try again in a few minutes); users can click
and the "like" will show up on their facebook wall.  You can see it at:

http://dev.datadryad.org/handle/10255/dryad.1914 (click 'share' under the
citation at the top of the page and facebook's "like", among other social
software options, will appear).

Adding it was a matter of putting Facebook's iframe markup in our item view
XSLT [we use xmlui, 1.6.2] and supplying a place we'd like it to link to
(our DOI):

<xsl:element name="iframe">
<xsl:attribute name="src">
 <!-- $pkgDOI is defined above in the XSLT and encoder is called from
URLEncoder -->
<xsl:value-of select="concat('http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=
',
encoder:encode(concat('http://dx.doi.org/', $pkgDOI)),
'&amp;layout=button_count&amp;show_faces=false&amp;width=100&amp;action=like&amp;colorscheme=light&amp;height=21')"
/>
</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="scrolling">no</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="frameborder">0</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="style">border:none; overflow:hidden; width:70px;
height:21px;</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="allowTransparency">true</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:text> </xsl:text>
</xsl:element>

<http://dev.datadryad.org/handle/10255/dryad.1914>Hope that helps,
Kevin

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Khan, Baseer <baseer.k...@wichita.edu>wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> Is it possible to add this feature in the current Manakin(1.6.2),
>
> A student/faculty/staff like an item can they be able to send it as a link
> to their Facebook and other social networking sites account or text it to
> their cellphones (this is a huge hit with students).
>

> Thank you,
>
> Baseer.
>

> * *

> Mohammed Baseer AhmedKhan
>
> [image: Description: Description: NewLogo]
>
> Tel (316) 978-5141
>
> <mailto: baseer.k...@wichita.edu <dan.lar...@wichita.edu>>

<<image003.jpg>>