Hi Hilton,

I'm not sure what happened, however based on a
thread<http://www.mail-archive.com/java-...@lucene.apache.org/msg13473.html>I
was reading, I suspect that one of the lucene index files have become
corrupt. This is fine, since you're deleting it, and trying to create a new
one. More information would be needed

Since your having issues, instead of running your entire rebuild process,
try just isolating to the script inside of it that is causing this issue.

It looks like it errors out during this step though:

# Create new index tables
echo "Creating new indexes... Please wait."
/home/dspace/bin/dspace index-init

You could try to manually delete the contents of the lucene search index
which is the step before that: rm -Rf /home/dspace/search/*

And you can get more detailed output from the index-init step if you turn
verbose mode on, which is generally useful for providing more insight as to
how far the process is able to complete.

So then just end up running: /home/dspace/bin/dspace index-init -v

And if it errors out, you can send a few lines before the stacktrace.

--
Peter Dietz
Systems Developer/Engineer