We are in the process of upgrading our instance of Dspace from 1.3.2 to 1.6.

The process I followed was to upgrade a copy of the 1.3.2 database up to 1.6,
dump the database to a text file and then create a fresh instance of 1.6. Once
it was up, I deleted the database it had created, made a new blank one and
imported the dump I had made previously.

But when I run index-init, I get a bunch of 'relation does not exist' errors
(see below).

Should I have reindexed after each database upgrade? Is that the cause of my
problem?

--
Karen Savage
Baylor University Libraries

Creating browse and search indexes
ERROR:  relation "bi_1" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_1 LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_1_dis" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_1_dis LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_2" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_2 LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_3" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_3 LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_3_dis" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_3_dis LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_4" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_4 LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_5" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_5 LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_5_dis" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_5_dis LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_6" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_6 LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_6_dis" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_6_dis LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_7" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_7 LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_7_dis" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_7_dis LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_8" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_8 LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_8_dis" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_8_dis LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_9" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_9 LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_9_dis" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_9_dis LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_10" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_10 LIMIT 1
ERROR:  relation "bi_10_dis" does not exist at character 15
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM bi_10_dis LIMIT 1
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection