Hi Eric,

There's a guide to ensuring your DSpace instance is being indexed on our
Wiki at:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Ensuring+your+instance+is+indexed

A few things to note:
* As of DSpace 1.5.x, DSpace can generate SiteMaps, which can improve
how Google indexes your content.
* As of DSpace 1.7.0 (just released in December), DSpace now makes it
metadata more readily available to Google Scholar.  We worked directly
with the Google Scholar developers to improve how DSpace 1.7 makes its
metadata available.

- Tim