Hi Srijan,

Unfortunately, at this point in time DSpace doesn't look for any special
punctuation in any metadata fields.  So, it wouldn't be able to treat
"John Doe:singer" any differently than just "John Doe", or "John
Doe:editor".

At this time, there is also not way to parse "John Doe:singer" to the
appropriate MODS file on export.  The MODS export functionality just
maps DSpace fields to MODS fields.  So, it could map a custom field
called "mods.contributor.singer" to a particular MODS role, but it
wouldn't be able to parse out special punctuation.

Let us know if that doesn't make sense.

- Tim