On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 15:20, Lewatle Phaladi
<lewatle.phal...@wits.ac.za> wrote:
> I have installed copy of dspace on the server  with all Successful results
> and when I change my ROOT.xml file to point to the new installation directory
> ”dspace1.7.2/webapps/xmlui “ the only thing that appear on the browser is
> tomcat welcome page, this copy of tomcat has been installed long time ago but
> the version is  6 and I want to know if this is the problem and it needs to
> be updated,

Hi Lewatle,

DSpace documentation says it should work with Tomcat 5.5 and newer, so
the problem shouldn't be with Tomcat version. That said, your tomcat
configuration may be broken so a reinstall might help.

But I would check the obvious things first:
1) check that your dspace1.7.2 directory  (including all
subdirectories and files) is owned by the same user as tomcat runs
under
2) check tomcat logs for any errors and warnings

Regards,
~~helix84