Hello,

I'm currently doing some customizations in XMLUI and on every step I
find myself using XSLT 1.0 workarounds while it would be much easier
to use XSLT 2.0. I want to ask why DSpace (or Cocoon or whatever
component) still uses XSLT 1.0?

I tried to detect if I can just change the stylesheet to
version="2.0", but it doesn't seem to work. I tried to detect
supported XSLT version with this XSLT fragment:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/archives/xsl-list/200710/msg00002.html
and it seems DSpace uses xalan-j. But the XMLUI error messages
sometimes output "org.xml.sax.SAXParseException" and sometimes
"javax.xml.transform.TransformerException" (here it mentions xalan in
the stacktrace). So which parser does DSpace use, Xalan (which seems
to only support XSLT 1.0) or Saxon (which supports XSLT 2.0)? Or does
it use Xalan only for XPath? I'm not really at home in this, so please
explain.

Regards,
~~helix84