Hi David,

2011/9/10 David Chandek-Stark <david.chandek.st...@duke.edu>:
> I found a thread on this from a couple years ago about adding cover pages to
> PDFs (on the fly, per client request).  I assume this functionality is still
> in the realm of custom code.  Is anyone willing share their solution, or
> point me to one?

I have already developed this functionality and many Japanese
repositories use this. Check the following page.

http://zuki-ebetsu.jp/dspace/cover-function.html

And you can see the sample at the following urls.

JSPUI: http://zuki-ebetsu.jp/jspui/bitstream/123456789/146/3/cover-function.pdf
XMLUI:
http://zuki-ebetsu.jp/xmlui/bitstream/handle/123456789/146/cover-function.pdf?sequence=3

These patch were made for DSpace 1.7.2, but may be applicable
to other versions.

I hope this helps you.

Keiji Suzuki
Ebetsu, Japan