-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Scott Thurston [mailto:scott.thurs...@noaa.gov]
Gesendet: Do 22.09.2011 17:34
An: Brodhun, Maximilian
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net; Grütz, Romanus
Betreff: Re: [Dspace-tech] DSpace Problem (Register new user)

Hello Maximilian,

Hotmail requires TLS/SSL encryption, and uses port 587 for incoming
connections instead of the default port 25.  I think you need to
uncomment the other lines of the "mail.extraproperties" configuration
parameter and change the socketFactory.port value to 587:

# Pass extra settings to the Java mail library. Comma separated, equals
sign between
# the key and the value.
mail.extraproperties = mail.smtp.socketFactory.port=587, \

mail.smtp.socketFactory.class=javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory, \
                        mail.smtp.socketFactory.fallback=false

If you are running DSpace on Linux it may already be running sendmail,
which should be listening for SMTP connections on port 25 and may know
how to transfer mail to your institutional mail server.  If that's the
case, you should set your mail.server to "localhost", and you would not
need the mail.server.username and mail.server.password parameters.

Regards,
Scott

On 9/22/2011 8:23 AM, Brodhun, Maximilian wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> my name is Maximilian Brodhun and I study applicated informatics at the
> university of Goettingen. At the moment I am in a internship in the
> department of medical informatics of medical university of Goettingen. I
> installed DSpace to test a repositroy in context to biomedical metadata.
>
> Everything is working fine so far, but I have a problem with the
registration
> of new users. Everytime I want to register as a new user, I get the message
> "Internal System Error".
Hello Scott,

thanks for your help. I made the changes but the problem still exists.

Just to be sure, that I made everything right, here are me changes: (above
again the content of the logfile)

kind regards,

Maximilian Brodhun

##### Email settings ######

# SMTP mail server
mail.server=smtp.live.com

# SMTP mail server authentication username and password (if required)
mail.server.username = maxi_brod...@hotmail.com
mail.server.password = *********

# SMTP mail server alternate port (defaults to 25)
mail.server.port = 587

# From address for mail
mail.from.address = dspace-nore...@stud.uni-goettingen.de

# Currently limited to one recipient!
feedback.recipient = dspace-h...@myu.edu

# General site administration (Webmaster) e-mail
mail.admin = maxmilian.brod...@stud.uni-goettingen.de

# Recipient for server errors and alerts
alert.recipient = maxmilian.brod...@stud-unigoettingen.de

# Recipient for new user registration emails
registration.notify = maxmilian.brod...@stud.uni-goettingen.de

# Set the default mail character set. This may be over ridden by providing a
line
# inside the email template "charset: <encoding>", otherwise this default is
used.
mail.charset = UTF-8

# A comma separated list of hostnames that are allowed to refer browsers to
email forms.
# Default behaviour is to accept referrals only from dspace.hostname
#mail.allowed.referrers = localhost

# Pass extra settings to the Java mail library. Comma separated, equals sign
between
# the key and the value.
mail.extraproperties = mail.smtp.socketFactory.port=587, \

mail.smtp.socketFactory.class=javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory, \
                       mail.smtp.socketFactory.fallback=false

# An option is added to disable the mailserver. By default, this property is
set to false
# By setting mail.server.disabled = true, DSpace will not send out emails.
# It will instead log the subject of the email which should have been sent
# This is especially useful for development and test environments where
production data is used when testing functionality.
#mail.server.disabled = false

# Default language for metadata values
default.language = en_US

CONTENT OF LOGFILE:

2011-09-23 09:15:29,184 ERROR org.dspace.kernel.DSpaceKernelManager @ WARN
Failed to unregister the MBean:
org.dspace:name=f15c2dae-43a6-4fbd-b6de-3e4b8b9015b5,type=DSpaceKernel
2011-09-23 09:15:29,480 INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/xmlui] @
Closing Spring root WebApplicationContext
2011-09-23 09:15:29,698 ERROR org.dspace.kernel.DSpaceKernelManager @ WARN
Failed to unregister the MBean:
org.dspace:name=1f3c80b0-fe3f-40e0-99c4-449a675e4b2c,type=DSpaceKernel
2011-09-23 09:15:30,775 INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/jspui] @
Closing Spring root WebApplicationContext
2011-09-23 09:15:30,775 ERROR org.dspace.kernel.DSpaceKernelManager @ WARN
Failed to unregister the MBean:
org.dspace:name=f59bf42b-328e-44e8-8a9c-7ba9047a51ce,type=DSpaceKernel
2011-09-23 09:15:41,242 INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/jspui] @
Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
2011-09-23 09:15:42,319 INFO  net.sf.ehcache.util.UpdateChecker @ New
update(s) found: 2.4.5
[http://www.terracotta.org/confluence/display/release/Release+Notes+Ehcache+C
ore+2.4]
2011-09-23 09:15:50,852 INFO  net.sf.ehcache.util.UpdateChecker @ New
update(s) found: 2.4.5
[http://www.terracotta.org/confluence/display/release/Release+Notes+Ehcache+C
ore+2.4]
2011-09-23 09:15:52,677 INFO
2011-09-23 09:15:54,269 INFO  net.sf.ehcache.util.UpdateChecker @ New
update(s) found: 2.4.5
[http://www.terracotta.org/confluence/display/release/Release+Notes+Ehcache+C
ore+2.4]
2011-09-23 09:15:55,142 INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/xmlui] @
Apache Cocoon Spring Configurator v1.0.2 is running in mode 'prod'.
2011-09-23 09:15:56,593 INFO  net.sf.ehcache.util.UpdateChecker @ New
update(s) found: 2.4.5
[http://www.terracotta.org/confluence/display/release/Release+Notes+Ehcache+C
ore+2.4]
2011-09-23 09:15:56,733 INFO
org.dspace.app.xmlui.configuration.XMLUIConfiguration @ Loading XMLUI
configuration from: C:/dspace\config\xmlui.xconf
2011-09-23 09:15:57,045 INFO
org.dspace.app.xmlui.configuration.XMLUIConfiguration @ Aspect Installed:
name='Displaying Artifacts', path='resource://aspects/ViewArtifacts/'.
2011-09-23 09:15:57,045 INFO
org.dspace.app.xmlui.configuration.XMLUIConfiguration @ Aspect Installed:
name='Browsing Artifacts', path='resource://aspects/BrowseArtifacts/'.
2011-09-23 09:15:57,045 INFO
org.dspace.app.xmlui.configuration.XMLUIConfiguration @ Aspect Installed:
name='Searching Artifacts', path='resource://aspects/SearchArtifacts/'.
2011-09-23 09:15:57,045 INFO
org.dspace.app.xmlui.configuration.XMLUIConfiguration @ Aspect Installed:
name='Administration', path='resource://aspects/Administrative/'.
2011-09-23 09:15:57,045 INFO
org.dspace.app.xmlui.configuration.XMLUIConfiguration @ Aspect Installed:
name='E-Person', path='resource://aspects/EPerson/'.
2011-09-23 09:15:57,045 INFO
org.dspace.app.xmlui.configuration.XMLUIConfiguration @ Aspect Installed:
name='Submission and Workflow', path='resource://aspects/Submission/'.
2011-09-23 09:15:57,045 INFO
org.dspace.app.xmlui.configuration.XMLUIConfiguration @ Aspect Installed:
name='Statistics', path='resource://aspects/Statistics/'.
2011-09-23 09:15:57,045 INFO
org.dspace.app.xmlui.configuration.XMLUIConfiguration @ Theme Installed:
name='Default Reference Theme', path='Reference/', id='null', regex='.*',
handle='null'.
2011-09-23 09:15:57,045 INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/xmlui] @
Cocoon: Block dispatcher was initialized successfully.
2011-09-23 09:16:22,115 INFO  org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.RegisterServlet @
anonymous:session_id=145A446111C044CBED94C80B96B23A1F:ip_addr=0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
:sendtoken_register:email=maxi_brod...@hotmail.com
2011-09-23 09:16:23,565 INFO  org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.RegisterServlet @
anonymous:session_id=145A446111C044CBED94C80B96B23A1F:ip_addr=0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1
:error_emailing:email=maxi_brod...@hotmail.com
javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception reading response;
  nested exception is:
        javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext
connection?
        at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.readServerResponse(SMTPTransport.java:1462)
        at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1260)
        at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:370)
        at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:297)
        at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:156)
        at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:105)
        at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:168)
        at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:98)
        at org.dspace.core.Email.send(Email.java:366)
        at
org.dspace.eperson.AccountManager.sendEmail(AccountManager.java:262)
        at
org.dspace.eperson.AccountManager.sendInfo(AccountManager.java:222)
        at
org.dspace.eperson.AccountManager.sendRegistrationInfo(AccountManager.java:67
)
        at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.RegisterServlet.processEnterEmail(RegisterServle
t.java:260)
        at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.RegisterServlet.doDSPost(RegisterServlet.java:17
2)
        at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet.processRequest(DSpaceServlet.java:
115)
        at
org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.DSpaceServlet.doPost(DSpaceServlet.java:73)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:269)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCha
in.java:188)
        at
org.dspace.utils.servlet.DSpaceWebappServletFilter.doFilter(DSpaceWebappServl
etFilter.java:78)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:215)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCha
in.java:188)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.jav
a:213)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.jav
a:172)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:
108)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:879)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processCo
nnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:528)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWor
kerThread.java:81)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java
:689)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext
connection?
        at sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.handleUnknownRecord(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.read(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown
Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDataRecord(Unknown Source)
        at sun.security.ssl.AppInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.mail.util.TraceInputStream.read(TraceInputStream.java:97)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at
com.sun.mail.util.LineInputStream.readLine(LineInputStream.java:75)
        at
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.readServerResponse(SMTPTransport.java:1440)
        ... 34 more

--
Scott Thurston                  scott.thurs...@noaa.gov
NOAA / NGDC / WDC               http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/