I have one (final, I hope) problem. Mark's suggestion is working nicely, except
that I need to apply a DocType declaration to my output and Saxoutputter
ignores DTD events. So, while I can use JDOM to apply the declaration, it
doesn't survive Sax. Is there any other way to render the DocType using JDOM?
I can set xsl:output in my stylesheet, but then I think I'd have to iterate
through a collection of items to build a "raw" document of dim:dim elements and
then do a second transform somehow invoking a plain ol' XSLT transformer with
my crosswalk stylesheet to perform a second transform.
I haven't figured out yet how to setup the plain ol' transformer using my
stylesheet but it seems it should be something like this
              DisseminationCrosswalk nlmxwalk =
(DisseminationCrosswalk)PluginManager.getNamedPlugin(DisseminationCrosswalk.class,"nlm");

              XSLTransformer nlmtx = nlmxwalk.getTransformer("dissemination");

              nlmdoc = nlmtx.transform(dimdoc);

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Stirnaman
Biomedical Librarian, Digital Projects
A.R. Dykes Library, University of Kansas Medical Center
jstirna...@kumc.edu
913-588-7319

>>> On 9/21/2011 at 01:49 AM, in message
>>> <cama9da6i21cxg55eri5twuqdb8z9elp8taj4_7bgmsgosg1...@mail.gmail.com>, Mark
>>> Diggory <mdigg...@atmire.com> wrote:

Jason,

Ok, in this case you don't need a packager, what you need is a Cocoon
Generator that renders the Crosswalk to the browser.

Take a look at the OREGenerator...
http://scm.dspace.org/svn/repo/dspace/trunk/dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/app/xmlui/cocoon/DSpaceOREGenerator.java

It will show how to generate the crosswalk into Cocoon.  You'll find
the Cocoons configuration for the ore.xml generator in the default
sitemap.

<map:match pattern="metadata/handle/*/*/ore.xml**">
                                <map:generate type="DSpaceOREGenerator">
                                        <map:parameter name="handle"
value="{1}/{2}"/>
                                        <map:parameter name="extra"
value="{3}"/>
                                </map:generate>
                                <map:serialize type="xml"/>
                        </map:match>

http://scm.dspace.org/svn/repo/dspace/trunk/dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-webapp/src/main/webapp/sitemap.xmap

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Jason Stirnaman <jstirna...@kumc.edu> wrote:
> Here's the follow-up to my previous question.
>
> I have a crude (but useable) XSLT crosswalk ("nlm") in DSpace. It transforms
> DIM metadata to fit the NLM Journal Publishing profile. I can test the
> output successfully with OAI-PMH.
>
> As it turns out, I don't really need to export bitstreams. I just need the
> metadata for a set of items within a collection that would be specified by
> the end-user/Community Owner. So, if I want just the crosswalk output for
> that set of items and I don't want the OAI protocol wrapper or the
> bitstreams, then do I still need a custom packager for that as in Mark's
> IMSCP example? I expect the answer is yes.
>
> I think what 'm really wanting is to be able to call the crosswalk as a
> method on the collection, in a RESTful way, and return the output as a
> single XML document for the collection containing each of the transformed
> items.
>
> Conjured example: handle/2271/883/nlm.xml or nlm/handle/2271/883
>
> Jason
>

> Jason Stirnaman
> Biomedical Librarian, Digital Projects
> A.R. Dykes Library, University of Kansas Medical Center
> jstirna...@kumc.edu
> 913-588-7319

Mark Diggory @mire Inc.
2888 Loker Avenue East, Suite 305, Carlsbad, CA. 92010
Esperantolaan 4, Heverlee 3001, Belgium
www.atmire.com