Hi Alan,

> Another question, there's nothing that gets modified in the database
> when this happens, so I shouldn't need to restart Tomcat, right?

Yes - that is correct.  Everything happens on disk (not in the DB):

  .log files --> .dat files --> .html reports

The .html reports are then loaded when required.

Thanks,

Stuart Lewis
Digital Development Manager
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: +64 (0)9 373 7599 x81928