On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 17:12, Henry Atsu Agbodza
<henry_agbo...@libr.ug.edu.gh> wrote:
> Dear all, is it possible that i can limit access to a full text repository
> by making sure people can only access some files by inputing a username
> and a password.
> Please if yes can you direct me as to how it can be done?
> Thank you

Hello Henry,

it is possible, just follow these steps (these are for XMLUI):

1) log in as administrator
2) put your users who should be have access into a group
3a) first try this with an individual item: open the item you want to
protect, choose Edit this item, Authorizations and for each file edit
it's access rights
3b) when you verify it works on an individual item, you can change
authorizations of whole collections using the Access control -
Authorizations - Click here to go to the item wildcard policy admin
tool
4) remove bitstream read access from the Anonymous group (which
represents all users including those who are not logged in)
5) add bitstream read access to your new group
6) that covered existing items; to ensure all newly submitted items
will have this policy, edit the collections which contains them and
set the same access rights; again, you can use the wildcard policy
admin tool

Before you do these changes, make sure to back up your database. It's
very likely you won't be able to get it to work on the first attempt,
so make sure you can revert the repository to a working state. You can
also back up your assetstore, but if you will be changing only access
rights and not adding/removing bitstreams, you don't need to touch the
assetstore (all access rights are stored in the database).

Regards,
~~helix84

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011