Vika,

I'll add to Bram's comments above, we (@mire) recently produced, in XMLUI,
something similar to workflow-list for some of our clients.
 It differs from what was done originally in JSPUI in that we leveraged
Solr for this solution and enabled Searching, Grouping and Faceting on "All
Items" in the Submission Workspace, Reviewer/Curator Workflow, Archived and
Withdrawn items. This customization gives the Repository Administrators a
complete view over all the full Submission and Workflow stages and is
especially scalable to large numbers of workflow items.

Keeping a full list of features that are different between JSPUI and XMLUI
is difficult, primarily because most of the work on DSpace today focuses on
customizing and extending the XMLUI, not JSPUI.  In this regard, developers
are focused on working exclusively with one or the other. But, it would be
ideal to target those features that existing JSPUI and not in XMLUI as
those are targets that should be addressed in the developers group.

An aside, there have been significant dialogs in the community about not
enforcing parity between the user interfaces. This is because, ultimately,
forcing contributors to develop features on an interface they have no
interest in (JSPUI) blocks users of the popular interface (XMLUI) from
gaining access to those new features.  For instance, there was a
significant risk that we would not have had Discovery (Solr) available as
an option in the XMLUI had we been required to implement it in the JSPUI as
well.

Best,
Mark

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Zafrin, Vika <vzaf...@bu.edu> wrote:

>  Ah, thanks, Bram. We are indeed using xmlui. This seems like such a
> basic feature, it's startling that it would be in jspui and not in xmlui.
>
>  Is there concise and thorough documentation of the features available in
> one interface but not the other, somewhere? (Not scattered through the many
> hundreds of DSpace manual pages.)
>
>  Thanks again,
>
> Vika Zafrin
> Boston University
> Institutional Repository Librarian
> http://dcommon.bu.edu | 617.358.6370
>
> On Jan 13, 2012, at 10:47, "Bram Luyten" <b...@mire.be> wrote:
>
>   In JSPUI this is under:
> /jspui/dspace-admin/workflow
>
> In the user interface a link "Workflow" is available from the
> administration options.
>
> This is not present in XMLUI yet. Here's a JIRA ticket where this is
> suggested to be developed (and where you can voice your support for this
> feature):
> https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-521
>
> best regards,
>
> Bram
>
> --
>   [image: logo]
>  *Bram Luyten* *@mire*
> *2888 Loker Avenue East, Suite 305, Carlsbad, CA. 92010*
> *Esperantolaan 4, Heverlee 3001, Belgium*
>   <http://www.atmire.com/>www.atmire.com
>

> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Zafrin, Vika <vzaf...@bu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Claudia, butŠ what admin ui?  I've submitted a test item, which is
>> now in a workflow. I haven't taken the editing task, so it's still in the
>> pool (it's currently the only thing there). They log in and click on
>> Submissions, and they don't see the item or a pool. Is there someplace
>> else we need to be looking?
>>
>> -Vika
>>
>> Vika Zafrin
>> Institutional Repository Librarian
>> Boston University
>>  +1 617 358-6370 | http://dcommon.bu.edu/
>>

>> On 1/13/12 4:43 AM, "Claudia Jürgen" <claudia.juer...@ub.tu-dortmund.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello Vika,
>> >
>> >if they are admins, they can see all the current workflows via the admin
>> >ui.
>> >
>> >Hope that helps
>> >
>> >Claudia Jürgen

>> don't