Hello Wilko
despite the possible risks of allowing not-identified users to deposit into your repository, a possible aproach would be use SWORD-deposit. A year ago, in a project we used the application EASY-deposit (developed by Stuart Lewis, thanks again Stuart) to allow general users to send materials to DSPACE. Easy-Deposit is deployed as a web app, and is your task to provide access restrictions, if any..., although an LDAP-integration is available

Another smart app of Stuarts allows using a mail-client to make almost-deposits....Another possible direction of your investigations.

With easy-deposit, the users can be anonymous and the material is sent in behalf the EASY-Deposit Application... Some drawbacks arise related with destination-collections, metadata completeness, revision-workflow and so on.... but in some particular scenarios, the benefits can outperform the inconvenients.

thanks,

Emilio