On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 07:46, Rahul Soni <ra...@ismu.ac.in> wrote:
> Does making DSpace live for an institution requires some amount that need to
> be paid. I was googling for the same and found that perhaps it requires
> handle-server installation and which requires certain amount to be paid.
>
> Please guide so that inappropriate approach can be avoided.

Dear Rahul,

running a handle server is completely optional. Be advised that DSpace
URLs show /handle/123456789/xxx by default, but this does not mean
that you're running a handle server.

The prices for handle registration (in case you want one) are mentioned here:
http://handle.net/service_agreement.html

Regards,
~~helix84