On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 23:30, Gary Browne <gary.bro...@sydney.edu.au> wrote:
> I don't understand why the password.jsp page is loaded instead of ldap.jsp
> when I explicitly tell DSpace to use LDAP. The bug you point out seems to
> apply to the case where multiple authentication methods are used.

BTW I just checked what the login pages are called in JSPUI (which I
don't use) my 1.8.2 and I was a little surprised they're called
/password-login  and /ldap-login in my instance, while they are *.jsp
in yours. Perhaps there's some sort of URL rewrite to be turned on.
But I digress.

I'm sorry I don't know the exact answer to your question. Anyway, I
wouldn't worry about that weird behavior, we'll just have to wait how
that reported bug will be solved. Here's how I worked around it -
since I'm running Apache in front of Tomcat, I just link to /login on
the front page (no such URL exists in DSpace) and using mod_rewrite I
redirect it to point to /ldap-login. I do this primarily to skip the
dialog with choice of login method, since in my instance only
administrators use passwords and any of the methods in the stack can
be used in any of the login forms.

<Location /login>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^.*$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}/ldap-login [L,R]
</Location>

I digress again, but since I'm sharing that, here's a nice tip what I
use for redirecting certain URLs to https. This is for XMLUI but you
can put in your respective JSPUI URLs:

<Location ~ ^/(password-login|ldap-login|profile|logout|admin|statistics)>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^443$
RewriteRule ^.*$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R]
</Location>

I hope I didn't confuse you more than help you.

Regards,
~~helix84