On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 10:49:13AM -0700, Bruna Fagundes Rócio wrote:
> I need to install two dspace in the same server, one of them just for tests.
> They are in the same version 1.7.1 and i'm using Ubuntu 9.04 Server, Tomcat6
> and Postgres 8.4. The database test was created and i applied the changes to
> the other dspace.cfg, but, i have no idea how to proceed in the right way in
> Tomcat configuration. In server.xml i already have xmlui and jspui. What i do
> with the news xmlui and jspui that i have to put in the file?

Well, the production instances will need different names than the test
instances, if they are all to be found at the same hostname.  There is
nothing special about the names, so far as DSpace and Tomcat are
concerned -- you could name them Rosencrantz and Guildenstern if you
wanted to.

So, first you need to decide what four names you will use.  You might
call the test instances test-xmlui and test-jspui, and the production
instances xmlui and jspui.  Choose any names that make sense to you.
If one of the production instances is to be the one that most people
will use, you might want to name it ROOT so that it appears at the
root of the local URL space:  http://some.host.name/

If I understand the current situation, you have test XMLUI and JSPUI
instances named "xmlui" and "jspui", and the production instances are
not yet installed.

If you decide to reassign the names xmlui and jspui to the production
instances, I think that the simplest thing to do would be to clean out
the test instances, reconfigure, and reinstall.  But, if you already
have a substantial amount of test material ingested, you might prefer
to just rename the webapp.s and adjust the configuration in-place (in
[DSpace] as well as [DSpace-source]).  Then configure the production
instances with the names you want to use and install.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Asking whether markets are efficient is like asking whether people are smart.