All,

We are upgrading to 1.8.2 and continue to get the error below when we run the
"./dspace update-discovery-index".  I have confirmed that the schema is correct
in the solr/search/conf directory and that the other conf files seem to be
current.  If I attempt to access the index from the server directly
http://localhost:8080/solr/search/select?q=*.* ,  I get a 500 error.  Has
anyone encountered this issue?

bash-3.00# ./dspace update-discovery-index
Exception: Error executing query
org.dspace.discovery.SearchServiceException: Error executing query
        at
org.dspace.discovery.SolrServiceImpl.cleanIndex(SolrServiceImpl.java:376)
        at org.dspace.discovery.IndexClient.main(IndexClient.java:119)
        at
        at
        at org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:183)
Caused by: org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: Error executing
query
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(QueryRequest.java:95)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.query(SolrServer.java:118)
        at
org.dspace.discovery.SolrServiceImpl.getSolr(SolrServiceImpl.java:101)
        at
org.dspace.discovery.SolrServiceImpl.cleanIndex(SolrServiceImpl.java:349)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

request: http://localhost:8080/solr/search/select?q=search.resourcetype:2 AND
search.resourceid:1&wt=javabin&version=2
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:435)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:244)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(QueryRequest.java:89)
        ... 9 more

--Dale

Dale Poulter
Coordinator, Search and Core Services