On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:30:26AM -0500, Thornton, Susan M. (LARC-B702)[LITES]
wrote:
> I have been seeing the following frequent entries in my dspace.log file for
> some time now.  Can someone tell me what they mean and if it's anything I
> need to be concerned about or do?
>
> We are running DSpace 1.7.1 JSPUI on Sun Solaris 10/Unix, PostgreSQL 8.2.
>

> 2012-06-25 12:20:55,782 INFO  net.sf.ehcache.util.UpdateChecker @ New
> update(s) found: 2.4.7
> [http://www.terracotta.org/confluence/display/release/Release+Notes+Ehcache+Core+2.4]

That one just means that the caching package which DSpace depends on
is checking for updates of itself.  This is probably useless, and I
mean to propose turning off the update check.  The check should be
harmless.

> 2012-06-25 12:20:58,198 ERROR org.dspace.kernel.DSpaceKernelManager @ WARN
> Failed to unregister the MBean:
> org.dspace:name=1a01ed7b-3f4d-4ae8-9076-8d7ac12cf14b,type=DSpaceKernel

I'm curious about that one myself, but it doesn't seem to be a big problem.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Asking whether markets are efficient is like asking whether people are smart.