On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 9:22 PM, Jose Blanco <blan...@umich.edu> wrote:
> I think in both of these cases the Label will be printed in each line.  I
> want Label only to appear in the 1st line.

I don't understand. What do you mean by lines?

> I'm thinking of using a variable to contain all the nodes I need, so I have
> But what I really want is for the variable alluris to contain all the uris
> except the handle, so I want to add something like this:
>
> not(contains(./node(),'OUR_HANDLE_PRFIX'))
>
> to the variable, but how do I add that to the to the select in the variable
> declaration (syntax)?

Here are two ways to achieve the same thing. If the node doesn't
contain OUR_HANDLE_PREFIX, the variable will be assigned an empty
string.

<xsl:variable name='alluris'>
    <xsl:if test="not(contains(./node(),'OUR_HANDLE_PREFIX'))">
        <xsl:value-of select="dim:field[@element='identifier' and
@qualifier='uri']">
    </xsl:if>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="not(contains(./node(),'OUR_HANDLE_PREFIX'))">
        <xsl:variable name='alluris'
select="dim:field[@element='identifier' and
@qualifier='uri']"></xsl:variable>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

Also note that "." is equivalent to "./node()".

Regards,
~~helix84