On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Thomas  Misilo <misi...@fit.edu> wrote:
> I found a powerpoint that talked about Customizing DSpace 1.5 with Basic
> Overlays, and I had some questions about it. The powerpoint seems to talk
> using a release version, however I am using the 1.8.2-src version and was
> wondering would I follow it the same way and if there was any newer
> documentation on using modules with xmlui and 1.8.2?

Hi Thomas,

yes, you found Tim's document which is still pretty much the best
description. Any questions - ask away, this is the right place.

Using -src shouldn't be any different in this respect.

In fact I recently tried to create a non-trivial code overlay myself
and wanted to document my experiences, but I surely won't get around
to do it until after the freeze.

Regards,
~~helix84