Hello Emilio and all,

just taken a look at the ASCIIFoldingFilter, which should cover
most ("those characters with reasonable ASCII alternatives are
converted")of the latin characters see
http://lucene.apache.org/core/old_versioned_docs/versions/2_9_0/api/all/org/apache/lucene/analysis/ASCIIFoldingFilter.html

Thought Latin Extended A would be covered, but the first test with
the author name "Petuškova, Jekaterina" failed.
Is there any definite list, which is supported in which way?

Cheers

Claudia

Am 09.08.2012 09:14, schrieb emilio lorenzo:
> Hi,
>
> The class ISOLatin1AccentFilter has been deprecated by Lucene (although
> still can be found...) and substitued by  ASCIIFoldingFilter class
> For english + latin languages installations , we suggest the following
> *org.dspace.search.DSAnalyzer* configuration (keep the order, is
> relevant for the searcher):
>
> import org.apache.lucene.analysis.ASCIIFoldingFilter;
> ..
> ..
> result = new StandardFilter(result);
> result = new LowerCaseFilter(result);
> result = new StopFilter(result, stopSet);
> result = new ASCIIFoldingFilter(result);
> result = new PorterStemFilter(result);
>

> Anyway, *org.dspace.search.DSAnalyzer* corresponds to Lucene
> configuration.    SOLR conf is quite different.
>
> Best Luck.
> Emilio
>

> El 08/08/2012 20:14, Hatem Jlassi escribió:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We are running a bilingual (French/English) instance of last version
>> of Dspace (1.8.2). We have some problems with the search with
>> diacritics. The Dspace's searcher doesn't find words with accented
>> characters when the search doesn't include these accents.
>>
>> We modified
>> (\dspace-1.8.2-src-release\dspace-api\src\main\java\org\dspace\search\DSAnalyzer.java)
>> and we added the followings two lines:
>>
>> ISOLatin1AccentFilter;
>>
>> result = new ISOLatin1AccentFilter(result);
>>
>> Rebuild, Re-index Dspace
>>
>> But the problem was not resolved.
>>
>> If anyone has solved this problem - Please Help!!! Thank You
>>
>> Regards,

>> Live Security Virtual Conference

> Live Security Virtual Conference

Claudia Juergen