Thanks for this. I did actually see this issue during my research and was
considering trying to add the ASCIFoldingFilterFactory to the solr config.

But, in the meantime, Paul Needham at Cranfield Uni suggested I add the
URIEncoding="UTF-8" to the AJP connector in /tomcat/conf/server.xml:

    <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443"
URIEncoding="UTF-8" />

And this has worked.

As always though, many thanks for your help and time Ivan.

Ian

------------

Ian Wellaway

Senior System Support & Development Officer - Enterprise Applications
(Wednesdays only)
&
Technical Developer, Open Exeter - Infrastructure Systems (Monday-Tuesday,
Thursday-Friday)

Exeter IT
Room 54
Laver Building