Hello Tim,

at first glance I would add
[dspace]/bin/dspace cleanup
in order to actually remove bitstreams that are marked as deleted from
the assetstore.

Not DSpace specific, but a backup of the database is common too.

Other cron jobs depend on your configuration settings (itemcounter) and
needs, like metadata qualitiy management via curation tasks.

Hope this helps

Claudia Jürgen

Am 05.10.2012 16:20, schrieb Tim Ribaric:
> Hello All,
>
>    We are just putting the final touches on a DSpace 1.8.2 upgrade and I'm
> wondering if we have all the necessary cron jobs running on the machine.  (We
> are using Discovery and XMLUI)
>
> What I've got so far is via the wiki
> (https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC18/Installation#Installation-'cron'Jobs)
>  and the section on system administration:
>
> 0 1 * * *  [dspace]/bin/dspace sub-daily
> 0 2 * * *  [dspace]/bin/dspace filter-media
> 0 3 * * *  [dspace]/bin/dspace checker -lp
> 0 4 * * *  [dspace]/bin/dspace checker-emailer -c
> 20 4 * * * vacuumdb --analyze dspace > /dev/null 2>&1
>
> # Run stat analysis
> 0 1 * * * [dspace]/bin/dspace stat-general
> 0 1 * * * [dspace]/bin/dspace stat-monthly
> 0 2 * * * [dspace]/bin/dspace stat-report-general
> 0 2 * * * [dspace]/bin/dspace stat-report-monthly
> 0 3 * * * [dspace]/bin/dspace stats-util
>
> #Sitemap, discover update, & embargo
> 0 6 * * * [dspace]/bin/dspace generate-sitemaps
> 0 4 * * * [dspace]/bin/dspace update-discovery-index -o
> 0 5 * * * [dspace]/bin/dspace embargo-lifter
>

> Is there anything else? (I think that is everything but I'm not sure)
>
> Thanks,
> Tim
>

> |Tim Ribaric
> | Digital Services Librarian