Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to direct me to some info on
uninstalling a DSpace instance.

I am setting up a testing copy of our production instance (1.8.0, JSPUI as main
interface) on another server, and I have just discovered that the person who
worked on this project before me had already attempted to install DSpace 1.7.2
on this server. This instance is not operational, it is not in the correct
directory structure (I want it to match prod), does not use Tomcat 7, etc., so
rather than fixing this instance and doing an upgrade, I would prefer to delete
it and do a clean install of DSpace. Is there anything that I need to know
about this process that isn't intuitive? There is no data to worry about, so it
seems as simple as dropping/recreating the database, deleting the [dspace] and
[dspace-source] directories of the 1.7.2 instance, and then installing the new
instance. Am I missing any key step(s) here? Any help is greatly
appreciated—Thanks!

Darren Arsenault
Programmer
Algonquin College