Hello All,

I have tested, a default installation of Dspace, modified its
LDAP/Kerberoros authentication module and workflow, according to our
requirements. The Documentation for Dspace core modules has helped me a lot
in this respect.

However, I have been trying to customize the front-end 'Xmlui-Mirage', and
haven't found any kind of documentation, that could help me understand the
workflow.

These are the customizations that i have already done:

1. Changing the title, subtitle and all the information that is displayed
on the body of the Dspace Homepage.
2. Change the background - colour of the header-wrapper, the footer
wrapper, and the icons.

But, I am yet to know to do the following customizations, and it is being
really difficult for me, to understand what to change, and where to change
/ understand the workflow from the web front end to dspace core modules.

1. I need to change the layout/stucture of the webpage.
     a. Change the position of search field.
     b. Change the position of options links - collections and communities,
and RSS feeds.
     c. Separate the search field and others from the option- set, because
as far as i understand : All the options can only be move in a combination
either left or right - but i want to place each one at    different corners

2. I need to create a menu dynamic dropdown - which contains communities
and collections.

3. I need to add few more pages, and extra fields to get more meta data.

I understand that, in order to change the structure/layout of the page and
add fields/extra pages : I need to edit the structure xsl files, xmap
cocoon files, and aspect java code.

But, May I know, if there is any documentation - which can help me
understand the workflow from the xsl structure files to the java core
files. In that way - It would be easier for me to modify the front-end code
and customize it according to my requirements as i mentioned above.

Any help on this would be deeply appreciated. If there is no documentation,
May i know, what i need to learn to understand the same.

Thank you

Lohit