Hi folks

You may be interested in the work of IRUS-UK, a developing service which
consolidates COUNTER-compliant statistics to enable repositories to benchmark
their usage against other repositories in the UK.

IRUS-UK is filtering out robots and spiders employing the UserAgent-based
COUNTER robots exclusion list
(http://www.projectcounter.org/documents/COUNTER_robot_txt_list_Jan_2011.txt
which is mentioned in https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-790). For DSpace
1.8.x repositories, we're using patches developed by @mire.

IRUS-UK follows on from the very successful PIRUS2 project, which demonstrated
how article-level (COUNTER-compliant) usage statistics could be collected, JISC
have provided funding to take forward the UK Institutional Repository aspects
in the form of IRUS-UK. IRUS-UK is a wave 1 component of UK RepositoryNet+, the
JISC funded repository and infrastructure service. IRUS is currently funded to
establish a national aggregation service. It will ultimately contain details of
all material downloaded from participating IRs, including downloads for
full-text articles, theses, conference papers, technical reports, etc. IRUS
will help to demonstrate the value and impact of institutional repositories and
provide an evidence base for repositories to develop policies and initiatives
to help support their objectives.

IRUS-UK is being developed by a consortium involving Mimas at The University of
Manchester, Cranfield University and Evidence Base at Birmingham City
University. You can find our more by visiting our website which is available at
http://www.irus.mimas.ac.uk.

You are welcome to get in touch at i...@mimas.ac.uk if you would like further
information.

Cheers