On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Chris King <cki...@hawk.iit.edu> wrote:
> Some of these issues are simple like changed text on pages (from stuff in
> the messages.xml) file while some of them are deeper issues like missing
> discovery sidebar facets or the incorrect theme being applied. I have
> verified that the changes I made are in the source code I compiled so in my
> understanding when I compile those changes should be apparent on the
> website.

Hi Chris,

I think you have to be more specific about the individual problems.

If any of your changes in messages.xml were reverted to defaults, I'd
think it happened during the mvn package step when maven downloads
translations. Just take a look into your
[dspace]/webapps/xmlui/i18n/messages.xml file and verify that your
customizations are there. If they aren't, overwrite that file with
your customized one and restart Tomcat.

Verify that any changes in configuration (default theme, facet
definitions) are in the [dspace]/config/ directory. Again, if they
aren't, put them there and restart Tomcat. What ant command did you
run exactly? There are options to overwrite the old configuration
files or keep them.

Are there any other changes that didn't appear?

Regards,
~~helix84