On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 08:30:32AM -0800, john316rocks wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Every time I compile Dspace all the modules, api, discovery, oai, jspui,
> xmlui, sword, lni gets built; however, I only want the module I modified to
> be built because the comprehensive build takes 2 minutes to complete.
>
> I have modified pom.xml in dspace directory and turned off modules in
> pom.xml in modules directory. This sped up the build to around 40 seconds
> for just the jspui module.
> Is it possible to speed up the building process to about 10 seconds? This is
> the time of a build within dspace-api directory.

You may be able to trim it a bit more, but you are up against Maven's
limitations here.  There is current discussion by the Maven developers
about ways to make Maven more aware of what has changed since the last
build (and thus must be rebuilt).  It's not just an issue for DSpace.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
I don't do "doorbusters".