From: ivan.ma...@gmail.com [mailto:ivan.ma...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of helix84
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:35 PM
To: Calloni, Rodrigo
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Procedure to update item metadata in batch

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Calloni, Rodrigo <rcall...@iadb.org> wrote:
> We need to update 296 records of our database that are somehow missing the
> dc.format.medium field.
>
> I prepared the attached CSV document and I would like to know if I could use
> the batch import to add ACROBAT to all these items. If you could provide me
> the syntax to run the import it would be great too!

Hi Rodrigo,

I think the best resource currently on the subject of BME is this presentation:
https://kb.osu.edu/dspace/handle/1811/47279

I looked at your CSV file, but I think it won't work as it is. The BME import
function expects a few mandatory fields. Off the top of my head, I think it's
"id" and "collection", but it might also be handle
- "dc.identifier.uri" (not sure). You can try importing your file, the importer
should complain about missing columns.

The easy way to get the correct data, so that you don't have to look up the
collection IDs manually (which would defeat the purpose of BME) id to make an
export of the collection you want, then just edit or add the column you want
and import it back. It will even show you the changes you made and ask you to
confirm that those are the changes you meant.

Regards,
~~helix84