On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Joachim Bingel <bin...@ids-mannheim.de> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Helix,
>
> I declared URIEndoding="UTF-8" on all connectors pre-defined in the
> server.xml, i.e. ports 8080 and 8009 (the AJP connector).

So does it work? :)

> Is it sensible to
> create another <Connector> element with port 80? If so, which protocol and
> redirectPort should I declare (if any)?

This is a complex topic, well descibed here:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DspaceOnStandardPorts

Basically you don't want to run Tomcat as root, so you can't bind on
port 80. Unless you use authbind, the very last method.

How do you currently make DSpace accessible on port 80?

Regards,
~~helix84